Friday, May 28, 2010

Our thornbush has roses

Okay, so apparently just booking a date doesn't ensure that the venue will even be hosting weddings during the time your wedding is booked. I received an email yesterday from our wedding venue informing me that not only is our wedding planner taking her business elsewhere, but that the property doesn't know if they will even have a wedding program next year. Apparently, the homeowners aren't too big on all the weddings. I have no hard feelings toward the wedding planner as she has no say-so in the matter, but the homeowners all need to have a come to Jesus moment or I might just give it to them myself.

After my brief emotional breakdown, I realized something. Instead of just getting to plan my dream wedding once, I get to plan it twice -- without even having to find a new groom!! This seemingly disastrous situation may not be so bad after all. Or how my Sailor so endearingly puts it -- our thornbush has roses. Because my first vision was completely intertwined with the venue, I'm starting fresh. Back to the drawing boards. Don't worry, it's still going to be nautical. Duh. And everything I posted before, I still love! BUT now I have to formulate a new vision with a new venue. Speaking of venues -- anyone have any suggestions??



Oh, and happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. San Diego area is ripe with options. On the beach or higher up where you can still see the ocean behind you. Take a long weekend trip out there or look it up online - lots of amazing options from Point Loma, Coronado, Torrey Pines, La Jolla, to plain old San Diego!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails